Presbyopia Lenses with Cataract Removal:
$3,250 per eye (plus insurance copay and deductible)
Astigmatism Lenses with Cataract Removal:
$2,150 per eye (plus insurance copay and deductible)
*If you’ve had prior LASIK, ASA or RK, additional fees may apply
If you have Medicare, it will help cover much of the cost of cataract surgery. Cataract surgery is an outpatient procedure, which is covered under Medicare Part B. That means when you have your procedure performed, Medicare will cover 80 percent of the cost of cataract surgery. You are then responsible for the co-payment (co-pay) or the remaining 20 percent, after you meet your annual deductible (which was about $147 in 2015).
If you choose a multifocal lens implant ( IOL ), you will be responsible for the additional cost associated with that lens.
If you have a private insurance plan, we expect that your health care service plan will pay for cataract surgery, less any deductible or co-pay requirements. Your coverage will apply to a traditional monofocal lens implant. However, if you wish to decrease your dependence on glasses following your cataract eye surgery, you may choose a multifocal lens implant. You will be responsible for the additional costs associated with a multifocal lens implant option like ReSTOR, TECNIS or Crystalens.
We will discuss your Medicare or insurance coverage with you during your Lens Evaluation appointment. We understand insurance coverage can sometimes feel a bit confusing, and we are here to help.
We offer flexible payment options through CareCredit, including plans that are interest-free for up to 12 months. You don’t want to live with compromised vision, and you don’t have to. Find an extended payment option that works for you.